Procedures/Requirements for Residential Service
1. Contact Oakdale Electric Cooperative:
- Obtain all the necessary permits/requirements from the municipality.
- Setup an appointment with a field engineer for an on-site visit with the member or the contractor representing them.
- Provide information about the building plans and location of the property.
- All new members are subject to identity verification and credit assessment. The member will need to provide their address, Social Security Number and Date of Birth. A consumer deposit may be required before the service is energized.
2. On-Site Visit:
- The engineer will define options to extend the electric service.
- Determine the cost of building the service based on current charges.
3. Forms and Service Requirements:
- Membership Application - to complete, sign, and return.
- Line Extension Policy - to sign and return.
- Easement - provide OEC the legal description of the site with a copy of the Warranty Deed or certified survey map. The property owners must sign and have their signatures notarized. Return the completed from to OEC.
- Per municipality - submit a Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) Wiring Certificate, which the inspector will provide or submit a completed & notarized affidavit.
- Meter Applications/Requirements
- Meter sockets must have a bypass and if the meter equipment is an underground residential socket it must be a minimum of 200 Amps.
- Service must be wired per National Electric Code.
- Notify OEC when socket is ready. Be sure proposed route is clear of all obstructions.
- Construction fees and ALL paperwork must be returned to OEC before scheduling construction.
- Electric service will be installed if the grade and landscaping is within 6 inches of final grade.
- The party responsible for digging will need to contact Digger's Hotline.
- Expose any private facilities in the flagged path (i.e.; septic system, member's underground cable).
- If applicable - the member should contact the telephone company to initiate their phone service, OEC may contact them to coordinate joint burial.
- The actual completion time varies depending on such factors as current work load, complexity of the service installation and weather conditions.
- When the meter is set and energized the service charges will begin.