Sometimes older houses or businesses need to upgrade or enlarge their electric capacity, contact Oakdale Electric Cooperative’s Engineering Department at 800-241-2468 ext 8829 to discuss your proposed changes or submit information to us by filling out our form under Contact Us on the top of the page.
- It may be determined that Oakdale Electric Cooperative’s equipment is compatible for your changes but we may still need to coordinate an appointment to assist your electrician. A signed affidavit or Uniform Dwelling Code Inspection (UDC) certificate may be required.
- Or a representative will determine if a site visit is necessary. If this is necessary we will set up an appointment with the member to meet a Field Engineer. He will determine your options, advise you of any applicable fees, and provide you with the necessary forms and requirements.
Forms and Requirements that may apply:
- UDC certificate/Affidavit
- Line Extension Policy – Signed
- Meter sockets w/ bypass
- Service wired per National Electric Code (NEC)
- OEC requires 200 Amp Underground Residential Socket
- Be sure cable route is clear of all obstructions
- Return all completed forms to OEC.
- Construction fees must be paid before OEC will schedule electric service construction.
- Inform OEC when the bypass meter socket is installed per specifications and it is ready to connect. State law requires that prior to connection OEC obtain either a UDC electrical inspection certificate or wiring affidavit based on your municipality’s requirement.
- The electric service will be installed if the grade and landscaping of your property is within 6 inches of final grade.
- Locate the septic system, underground cables and any other private underground facilities owned by you on your property. Exposing any private facilities in the flagged path is recommended.
- The party responsible for digging will need to contact Digger’s Hotline, whether it is OEC, the member or the contractor.
- If the member, contractor or electrician requests a call back with the construction date inform the engineer.
- The actual completion time varies depending on such factors as current work load, complexity of the service installation, and weather conditions.